Hello loves! It’s been a while since I have posted on my blog. I am in nursing school full-time, working and trying to be sane. I really struggled this week with exhaustion and trying to keep my mind straight. I came to a realization this morning that I have not been practicing self-care. I have gained weight, I’m not getting enough sleep, malnourished, dehydrated, anxious, stressed, exhausted….. the list could go on but I’ll save you all from my complaining.
I am making a commitment to myself today, that I will try to perform some kind of self-care daily. Thought I would share with you some of my self-care techniques. Please let me know any of your tips on self-care, I’m always looking for new things to try!
- Meditation: It is a struggle to try to clear my mind. I am a worrier so I find it refreshing and relaxing trying to practice clearing my mind and getting out of my head, even if it’s just for five minutes.
- Essential Oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Ylang Ylang…..I am addicted to essential oils. I swear by these for always altering my mind during times of stress. I struggle to fall asleep nightly because of my wandering mind, and something about the aromatherapy just puts me to sleep like a baby.
- Journaling: By now you know I’m obviously a worrier. There’s something soothing about writing things down that are bothering me. It’s like as soon as I write them down, I can let them go because they are out of my mind.
- Exercise: As much as I hate going to the gym, I have to admit that exercising gives you energy. I feel stronger, sleep better and have more energy during the day when I exercise routinely.
- Clean Diet: I will admit, my diet has been shit. I am constantly on the go with school and work. I’m not getting enough sleep so I’m exhausted. I don’t meal prep and I tend to eat out more often than eating in. I need to start prepping my foods again so that I can have clean energy and hopefully loose some weight in the process.
- Vitamin D: Lacking sun in the pacific northwest is a drag. Seasonal depression is a real thing. I started a tanning membership recently to enjoy some artificial sun, since we don’t have much until summertime here. This is also a good time to relax and clear my mind.
- Animals: I had to throw this one in there because there is nothing like spending time with animals that won’t make you happy. I don’t care what kind of animal it is. Just love on one.
- Entertainment: Netfilx, movies, bars, concerts, friends, game night…. I don’t care what it is. But do something fun that you enjoy!